Top Video Game Design Methodology
viewgames.net – Chose the schools for its 2016 Top Video Game Design School lists based on a canvas it conducted in 2015 of executives at 150 institutions offering activity designing coursework and/ or magnitudes in the United States, Canada and some countries abroad.
The selection and ranking of institutions were based on criteria that broadly treated the high quality of its faculty, facilities and technology. The View games Review also factored in data it collected from the schools on their curriculum and job assistances.
The View games Review developed the survey in 2009 with the assistance of an advisory board the company formed for such projects. Advisory board members included faculty at top institutions offering recreation design courses and professionals at guiding business in the gaming manufacturer. The examine, which has more than 40 interrogations, comprises a wide range of topics, from professors and faculty credentials to graduates’ employment and job accomplishments. Some of the survey questions asked of each school are below.
- What percentage of your total undergraduate gaming faculty have started, run or worked for a game studio?
- How many gaming faculty members do you have?
- How many departments do they represent?
- Percentage of gaming faculty with PhDs (or terminal degree equivalent).
- Does your faculty have funded research in game design?
- How many faculty members are supported by funded research in game design?
- How many students are supported by funded research in Top Video Game Design School?
- What technologies or engines does your school utilise?
- Does your school offer game labs for students to use? How many?
- Does your school offer a game library for students to use?
What Top Video Game Design School-related courses do you offer for undergraduates?
Does the school offer a Top Video Game Design School game design centre where students can engage in the study and or practice of game design?
The number of gaming-related courses available to students.
Whether the school hosts an annual gaming competition, showcase or symposium.
What do Top Video Game Design School-relevant skills your program teach?
Does your gaming program use a team-driven approach? If yes, in that team are students paired with other students from different disciplines?
Is it a requirement for students in your program to have created a functional game before graduating?
How many game design students developed an actionable plan to launch a functional game while at school?
The number of research opportunities available to students.
- What career-related opportunities does your school offer to undergraduate gaming students?
- For the most recent graduating class, what percentage of graduates have worked on a game that has shipped?
- During the 2015 academic year, how many game companies visited your school for any of the following reasons: recruiting, lectures, seminars, demos, collaborations?
- What percentage of graduates have taken a job in some aspect of game development at the time of or before graduating? What was their salary?
- How many different game design studios have hired your graduates?